Engineering and Product Careers at Signal
We are on a mission to bring world class problem solvers together to solve the retirement crisis.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We strive to embed diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging into the chainmail of our company and culture. We know this is not a simple task. While some answers are wrong, there is rarely ever a one right answer.
We are committed to building a diverse team and an equitable, inclusive work environment because we know it is critical to the reach of our impact and the success of our business.
We know we will make mistakes, and we are prepared to learn from our failures and move forward. We will experiment and we will explore, and we hope you’ll join us on the journey.
We know these numbers could be better, and that’s why we are committed to improving.
The Signal Tech Philosophy
The Signal Advisors Technology team is committed to creating a remote work environment where every voice matters. We empower our team members to collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures to build a one-stop-shop platform for independent financial advisors. Through a bleeding-edge tech-stack, data-driven decisions, agile development, and the courage to do the right thing, we are innovating an industry to help fix the US retirement crisis.
Our Interview Process
Signal recognizes that first impressions are tough, but they don’t need to be. Our interview process utilizes a scorecard driven approach, focusing on objectivity, the removal of bias, and emphasizing our people-first culture and mission as a company. Signal’s success tomorrow is directly correlated to the diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams we build today.1
Meet with the hiring manager for the role
- Ask questions about Signal Advisors and the role
- Describe your personal story, what you are looking to achieve, and what led you to this point in time
If you pass this interview step, you will be connected with an “Interview Buddy” on our team and receive additional details about Signal and our remaining interview process.2
Interview with a member(s) of the team you’d be working with
- A technical deep dive into your professional experience
- Discuss your decision making process, toolsets, and preferred working style
- Usually includes a technical assessment or case study
Interview with another team member across the org
- Learn about the cross-collaboration across Signal
- Allow you to showcase your philosophy on teamwork, professional challenges, and your working style
- Demonstrate how you might add to the Signal culture
Interview with the leader of your vertical
- Understand the Signal Story, expectations for this role, the entire business vertical, and the exciting goals that are driving Signal Advisor's growth and company culture
- Ask as many questions as you can!
We Take Care of Our Team
We are a remote-first team with an aggressive growth plan. Every Signal team member receives an competitive equity package along with:
FSA & 401k